Make your own sunshine.
You are going to love this summer salad! My favorite part about this recipe is the fact that it is so colorful. I’m the type of person who craves not only delicious foods, but also amazing colors. That’s the artist in me I guess;) And because California is currently having such poor air quality, due to the numerous ongoing fires, … I say, if you can’t enjoy the beauty outside, bring the beauty inside!
This salad is the perfect treat on a sizzling hot summer day. It’s packed with healthy nutrients like vitamin C, iron, B vitamins, magnesium, omega 3’s and lots of fiber! And because of the enzymatic support from the lemon and apple cider vinegar, your digestion system will love you! Most importantly, you will enjoy the amazing tastes and flavors of all these summer veggies and fruits. Pair this salad with some sparkling water or better yet, coconut water, and you are set to beat the heat!
In terms of nutrition, bringing all the colors of the season to your plate ensures a variety of vitamins and minerals and this salad has definitely got you covered. With purple onion, golden peach, emerald kale, pink grapefruit and red tomatoes, this plate, “does a body good.” If creating this beauty for a party or in courses, I would first serve a cold honeydew gazpacho soup, second this salad, and for the main dish, wild salmon or organic pastured chicken. Don’t forget the organic rosé. Now, this is summer eating!
Summertime Salad Recipe
- 1/2 grapefruit sectioned
- 1/2 yellow peach cubed
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1/4 chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped red onion
- 3 leaves of kale rinsed & chopped
- 1/2 the juice of one lemon
- 1 tbs of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of organic extra virgin olive oil
- optional: pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds
- optional: 1/2 avocado cubed
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, toss and enjoy! Note: If you can’t find grapefruit in your market, opt for another fruit like cherries, grapes, cantaloupe, watermelon or figs.
In divine health,