Cinnamon helps to lower blood sugar and improve insulin sensitivity according to the USDA. Take one teaspoon in the morning and then one teaspoon for lunch or dinner. (Bauman, 2015)
Almonds are a wonderful source of protein, potassium, magnesium, calcium, iron, zinc and vitamin E. They are an excellent source of antioxidant flavonoids and are considered an anti-cancer food. They are helpful in lowering cholesterol and heart disease. (Murray, 2005)
3 Ingredient Banana Cookie Recipe
– 3 ripe bananas + 1 banana for decoration (4 total)
– 1.5 cups of almond flour
– 1 tbs. almond butter
- Heat oven to 350 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mash 3 ripe bananas in a bowl
- Add flour and almond butter, mix together with a spoon or fork until well combined
- Next, spoon and divide your banana mixture onto your cookie sheet into about 8-10 cookies
- Press down on the cookies with your hand to flatten
- Add a slice of banana to the center of each of the cookies
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown
*Tip: If they are not golden brown by 18 minutes, but cooked in the center, place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Enjoy with almond butter on the side!
Bauman, Ed. & Friedlander, J. (2015). Therapeutic Nutrition: Part 1. Bauman College: Penngrove, CA. Murray, M. (2005). The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods. Atria Books: New York, NY.