Happiness is the perfect creamy pasta and a glass of organic red wine. Healthy eating is not about deprivation.
This delicious zucchini pasta recipe took 15 minutes to whip up, but looks and tastes like it took endless hours to create. These are my favorite kind of happy accidents. Not only is this “pasta” recipe free of wheat and gluten, but it is also diary-free. So to all my vegan friends, you can enjoy this dish too! Believe it or not, zucchini is a great source of protein. One medium zucchini actually has 2.4 grams of protein! Packed full of vitamin C, manganese, B6, vitamin K and a ton of fiber, you simply can’t go wrong with this meal. I also love to throw on a few tablespoons of hempseeds for additional protein and omega 3’s!
As for the taste, the base of the sauce is tahini (sesame), which gives it a thick creamy texture. But, the absolute secret ingredient to this delicious dish is Nutiva’s Buttery Coconut Oil. This delightful butter-flavored coconut oil gives the noodles a rich, buttery palette. My favorite part about this wheat-free “pasta” is that I don’t feel bloated or guilty after eating a giant, but gorgeous plate full of noodles. I know I am treating my body the way it deserves, by eating real-food ingredients.
You will love fooling your friends and family with this…
Wheat-Free Buttery Fettuccine
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 yellow or green medium to large zucchini
- 1 tbs of Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil
- 2-3 cloves of fresh chopped garlic
- 2 tsp of dried Italian herbs
- 2-4 tsp of tahini (add more or less to your liking)
- 1-2 tbs of Nutritional Yeast
- sea salt to liking
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped fresh Basil
- optional: sunflower seeds, hempseed or pine nuts for extra protein
- Use a spiralizer or hand grater to create noodle-like “pasta” from your two zucchinis.
- Bring the Buttery Coconut Oil to medium heat and add your chopped garlic and zucchini noodles. Sauté for 2-3 minutes being careful not to over cook. (*If you overcook the zucchini it gets soggy).
- Once the noodles are slightly cooked and warm, add in your Italian herbs, sea salt, and black pepper. Turn heat to low.
- Next, spoon in the tahini and mix well. Make sure to get your noodles nice and creamy. Turn off heat.
- Once the noodles are nicely mixed, transfer to a plate. Sprinkle your Nutritional Yeast on top and add your fresh chopped basil. You may also add a few sunflower seeds or pine nuts on top for an extra boost of protein. Mix again and enjoy!
In Divine Health,