Glyphosate is found in almost all adult beverages.
Indeed, a recent study found Roundup (glyphosate) contamination in most samples of wine and beer. In fact, organic products sampled contained traces of the known carcinogen. Moreover, France is the only country to have banned the use of Roundup in January 2019. Who needs alcohol anyway, right? In terms of optimal health, alcohol doesn’t really fit the bill, so why not get on the “mocktail” trail and invest in your health instead. In light of this, I share a healthy “Mocktail” recipe, which is easy to make and the perfect refresher on a warm day! Get-together’s and picnics don’t have to entail liquor or wine, both of which imbalance blood sugar (not good for weight loss) and most likely contain cancer-causing pesticides. So, let’s start a movement! Get your family and friends on board with healthy “cocktails,” by encouraging mocktail parties paired with real-food ingredients!
Spring “Mocktail” Recipe
Cocktails sans the alcohol is not only amazing for health and wellness, but it may also be a fun way to get excited about food. If cooking isn’t your thing, perhaps healthy cocktails could be just the inspiration to get you in the kitchen. The below recipe is vegan, paleo, gluten-free and also free of refined sugar. Moreover, this classy drink is similar to a Paloma…and perfect for those warm spring days, when it really feels like summer;) On top of that, no one has to be discluded from enjoying this beautiful beverage because it’s friendly to those who have foods allergies, autoimmune issues or even children. What’s better than “mocktail-time” with each and every person you love?!
– 2 ripe grapefruits juiced
– 1 can Sprindrift grapefruit sparkling water
– 1 tsp of maple syrup per glass
– 1 bunch of organic mint
– 1-2 limes juiced
– ice cubes
- Wash and dry your grapefruit, mint + lime.
- Juice the two grapefruits.
- Divide and muddle (crush) your mint leaves + lime in the two cocktail glasses.
- Divide the juice of the grapefruits + sparkling water into the two glasses.
- Add in the maple syrup to your liking and make sure the glasses are both 3/4 full with the grapefruit juice & sparkling water.
- Stir drinks until well combined and top with 4-5 ice cubes.