Summer is here! This means we get to enjoy delicious cooling foods while we bask in the heat of the sublime sunshine…or hibernate near an AC! And when you’re looking for ways to cool yourself down, don’t pass up this satiating Honeydew Gazpacho Soup recipe. This healthy, mouth-watering gazpacho is the perfect remedy for any hot summer day! And to top it off, this classic chilled soup is vegan, paleo and gluten-free.
Honeydew Melon Nutrition Facts
To be clear, this recipe is amazingly simple to create and requires very few ingredients. The best part is, honeydew melon is full of vitamin C, so it will keep your immune system revving and your skin radiantly glowing! In fact, just one wedge of honeydew melon provides more than half your daily recommended value of vitamin C! Hollah! Moreover, mint is also soothing to the digestion and cooling to the body, making it excellent for these sizzling hot days. So, ice your organic rosé and wind down with this delicious cooling summer gazpacho. Eating with the seasons never tasted better!
Honeydew Gazpacho Soup Recipe
- ½ a honeydew melon, roughly chopped
- 2 medium-sized cucumbers (skin left on), roughly chopped
- 1 green chili
- 1/4 c. of fresh cilantro
- 6 mint leaves (plus extra for garnish)
- one small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- a tbsp of olive oil
- chilled water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea Salt to taste
- Optional: 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper & 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Pour olive oil into a small pan and sauté onions and garlic until translucent (3 – 5 minutes on a low heat). Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the chopped honeydew melon, cucumbers, chilli, mint leaves, salt and pepper, turmeric and cayenne, along with the onion mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth. Thin your soup out with chilled water to suit your consistency.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight. Divide into serving bowls and garnish with cucumber slices, fresh cilantro or mint. Serve chilled.
Lastly, accompany this delicious summer soup with fresh avocado, grilled wild salmon, organic grain-free chips (my favorite) and if you are really feeling inclined…some chilled or iced organic rosé!