Chicken & Pesto Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe
- 2 large sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tsp olive oil, ghee or coconut oil
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tsp ghee
- 1 tsp Celtic gray sea salt
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 2 large tbs pesto (I like local Bolani Basil Pesto from Modesto Farmer’s Market)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Pierce sweet potatoes several times with knife and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes, until soft and tender.
- While sweet potatoes bake, heat oil in a skillet over high.
- Add tomatoes and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until browned.
- Slice each cooked sweet potato in half lengthwise.
- Mash 2 tsp. of ghee into each sweet potato half and sprinkle each with 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- Divide chicken, pesto and tomatoes equally among sweet potato halves.
- Bon appetit! Enjoy Chicken & Pesto Stuffed Sweet Potatoes!
Inspired by The Whole Smiths Real Food Every Day