You were born to be real, not to be perfect. – unknown
Working full-time, raising children or simply keeping up with the flow of life can make eating healthy a challenge. Meal planning, grocery shopping and cooking can be time consuming. And even though it is tempting to run through the drive-thru, pick up a meal to-go or just make cereal for dinner, this doesn’t lead us down the path of optimal health. On the bright side, if you have a few go-to, simple, but healthy and satisfying meals in your tool box, it can take the guessing out of the age old question: What to do for dinner? So, say NO to drive-thru runs, grabbing junk food snacks or reaching for the box of cereal. In this post, I share with you 3 quick, simple and nutritious dinner recipes that will make you feel amazing!
The following three meals are perfect for those, “I don’t feel like cooking, but I want to eat healthy nights.” I hope you enjoy!
1. Ground Turkey Burger, Sweet Potato Fries + Greens
- organic, pastured ground turkey
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 ripe avocados
- organic leafy greens
- sea salt/pepper
- Italian herbs (dried)
- 2 tsp EVOO
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Wash sweet potatoes and chop into fries.
- Grease a baking sheet with EVOO. Spread fries onto sheet, making sure to coat the fries with EVOO.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and Italian herbs. Bake for 20-25 minutes until fries are golden brown to crispy.
- While fries are baking, form 4 patties from your ground turkey and cook on medium heat in large non-stick skillet until done on both sides. Check middle to make sure the center is completely cooked. Set aside.
- Top a beautiful plate with 1-2 c. leafy greens per person. Place one turkey patty per person on top of greens, slice avocado and place next to burger, along with a handful of fries.
- Sprinkle with Italian herbs or sea salt if additional seasoning is needed.
- 2 c. organic leafy greens (arugula)
- One 3-4 oz. can Wild Sardines or Wild Salmon
- chopped red onion
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- sea salt + dried Italian herbs
- chili pepper flakes or cayenne (optional)
- 1-2 tsp. EVOO
- slice of lemon for garnish
- Place your leafy greens on a beautiful plate. No need to measure…you can have has many greens as you desire.
- Top your greens with your wild fish. Pour on your EVOO (if the wild fish is not already packed in olive oil) and add your chopped onion. Sprinkle the Italian herbs and sea salt.
- Serve with avocado on the side. You may also add other veggies if you are hungry, like organic cherry tomatoes, cooked carrots or even snap peas.
*Health Tip 1: Sprinkle on cayenne pepper for added blood sugar balance and weight loss properties. Lemon Juice helps to support healthy digestion, as well as iron absorption.
*Health tip 2: If you are having digestion issues, you may steam your greens for up to 1 minute with EVOO, garlic and sea salt. Steaming your veggies will make them much easier to digest.
3. Warm Veggie Salad + Chickpeas
- 1 can organic chickpeas drained
- 2-4 c. leafy greens (arugula)
- 2 tsp. EVOO
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped (optional)
- sea salt + dried Italian herbs
- Sauté chopped zucchini and squash with onion, garlic and EVOO in a non-stick pan until almost cooked. Add in your beans and cook until everything is warm.
- Plate your greens. Throw about a cup serving of your warm veggies + chickpeas on top of your bed of greens. Sprinkle dried Italian herbs, sea salt and black pepper for additional flavor.
*Health Tip: Adding leafy greens to every meal ensures that you are getting essential minerals for energy and mood, like magnesium, a mineral in which 70% or more of the population is deficient.
Let me know in the comments if you have tried these recipes or if you have any questions.
Cheers to Divine Health!